Moodle is a learning management system (LMS), a software application designed using sound educational principles, to assist people create effective web-based learning experiences. Moodle has a large and diverse user community with over 1,000,000 registered users on the Moodle Community site, speaking over 75 languages from 200 countries.
This user base includes developers, educators, system administrators and business users. Validated registration statistics show there are more than 35 million users of Moodle software, across the world.
Moodle is provided freely as Open Source software. This means Moodle is copyrighted, but the software can be edited and customised to suit your organisational needs. Due to this, Moodle has an active web community of developers who contribute additional functionality to the system as requested by educators, administrators and business. The benefits of Moodle include:
1. Promotion of social constructionist pedagogy through learning activities such as blog, chat, comments, forums, messaging, rss, tags and wiki;
2. Enables web-based user activity monitoring, assessment, feedback and grade book functionality;
3. Suitable for 100% online education as well as endorsing a blended learning approach by supplementing face-to-face classes;
4. Simple, lightweight, efficient, flexible, scalable and highly compatible;
5. The software is open source. This means no licensing costs or vendor lock-in. Thus reducing the total cost of ownership and enabling your organisation to invest resources to ensure a successful deployment.
Learn more about learning management systems with Consultancy, Hosting, Training and Support for Moodle software. Learn more about expert LMS services to the corporate, government and education sectors in Australia. BS19AUGMLMS